Things have come a long way since the introduction of electric storage heaters back in the 21st century. While these machines were seen as advanced at the time, modern technology has allowed the current generation of electric heaters to far surpass them in terms of performance, reliability, and aesthetics.
The major benefit of electric storage heaters was, and still is, that they are cheaper to install, maintain, and run as central heating systems. This remains the case with modern electric heating supplies. However, some of the drawbacks of the original heaters have been addressed, the two most significant being the unavoidable heating of a property overnight as the heater charged; and the size of the heater dictating how much charge it can take
If you are seeking to upgrade your existing storage heaters, modern electric radiators are the perfect solution, boasting a range of benefits that put their predecessors to shame.
1. Full Controllability : Each electric radiator from EHC comes with built in thermostatic controls that allow users to fully tailor temperature settings to their needs. Unlike storage heaters, which tend to emit too much heat on mild days and not enough and cold days, modern radiators can provide a comfortable environment at the touch of a button or the turning of a knob.
2. Slim Profile : Electric radiators are just 70mm deep and look sleek and elegant in any contemporary home. These are also available in a range of sizes starting from just 300mm wide, allowing for better use of flooring space.
3. No Maintenance Required : Like other electric appliances in the home, EHC radiators can perform for long periods without any dip in performance. There is no pipework to worry about and no need for tasks such as bleeding and valve replacement.
4. 100% Efficiency : Electric radiators provide maximum efficiency with every kWh of electricity turned it to heat. With these, you will always get what you pay for.
5. No Boiler Required : As radiators are not powered by a central boiler, they are incredibly versatile and can be installed anywhere heating is required.
6. Easy Installation : Electric radiators can be installed simply by plugging in to a standard wall socket or by spur wiring them into existing storage heater fuses. Without the restriction of pipework, installation can work around the design of your room and will not restrict you in the layout of furniture.
7. Wall Mountable or Free-Standing : Like standard ‘wet’ system radiators, electric heaters are easily wall mountable; however, you do not ever have to feel that this is the only solution. All EHC radiators come with the option of being mounted on feet or castors so that they can be moved around as required. If you are limited in available wall space, this level of flexibility is essential
8. Work with PV Solar Panels : If you are looking slash electricity bills while at the same time reducing your carbon footprint, electric radiators can be used in conjunction with photovoltaic (PV) solar panel systems. With the UK government committed to reducing carbon emissions by 80% by 2050, this type of heating solution is critical to a low carbon future.